Hydropower is a clean, renewable source of energy. It is important to remember, however, that moving water is a drowning hazard. Coming near a hydropower facility is just as dangerous as coming close to a waterfall. Stay clear and stay safe!
Snapshot of risks:
• Eddies, visible or invisible, which can drag you under;
• Strong currents;
• Sudden changes in water level;
• Flash flooding of dry areas;
• Recirculating water below weirs, no matter their height;
• Steep or slippery banks;
• Invisible rocks just below the surface;
• Thinner ice around hydropower facilities.
If you have something to report about one of our sites, please contact us toll free at 1-877-663-5860 or email us at email@example.com.